Groundbreaking ceremony held for new First South Farm Credit building in Ozark, Alabama
First South Farm Credit in Ozark, Alabama, held a groundbreaking ceremony on Tuesday, Nov. 2, to announce its plans to build a new office building in the city. The existing branch on South Union Avenue will eventually move to the new location on Highway 231 South.
“Ozark has served our members well as a central location for Barbour, Henry, Dale and Houston Counties,” said Michael McCraney, branch manager of the Ozark office. “Therefore, we wanted to remain in Ozark when looking for a construction site for the new office in hopes of providing convenient access for our borrowers. This new office will allow our staff to better serve our borrowers and to accommodate the continued growth of the Ozark office.”
To celebrate the groundbreaking, a number of local officials and First South members attended the ceremony. Notable attendees included:
- Mayor Mark Blankenship
- City Councilmen Stan Enfinger and Winston Jackson
- Chief of Police Charles Ward
- President of the Ozark-Dale County Economic Development Corporation Holle Smith
- Engineered Systems, Inc. Contractor Watson Downs
- First South Board members Shep Morris and Trey Martin, along with Mike Pigg, Lee Childers, Michael McCraney and other First South staff
First South Farm Credit is one of the largest agricultural lenders in Alabama, with 16 branches serving all 67 counties. First South provides agricultural and rural land loans to its members, and as a successful financial cooperative, shares its profits with its borrowers. Visit firstsouthland.com or contact the nearest branch to learn more about how First South can help you finance your land or farm.